We know that the majority of our church body will continue to gather in bubbles or with others in their homes, in parks, on patios, over Zoom, and in other creative ways—and we want to equip and encourage you in this! It is vital to the life of the church body, because the church is not a building—YOU are the church, and so in this time we want to encourage you to continue to meet in small, safe and creative ways on Sunday mornings. To see some ideas of how you can do this safely, head to our Plan Sunday at Home page.
If you're currently bringing friends and family together to watch the live-stream together, would you let us know using this form? It'll help us get the resources we're developing into your hands.
JOIN US ONLINE EVERY SUNDAY AT 9 A.M.
The link to our Sunday Live-stream Service will go live before the service begins at 9 a.m. Looking forward to having you with us!
Did you miss last week's service? Watch it here.
The Gospel according to John was written for those asking the question, ‘Who is Jesus?’ As the last of four gospel accounts, John knew there was still more to say. This disciple knew the transformative power of Jesus’ love and His zealousness for us to experience it. These words were written so that we would believe that Jesus is the Saviour of the world, the Son of the Living God, and that by believing we would step into full, abundant, and transformed life in His name.
- Ministry Kickoff - For a quick overview of everything that's kicking off this fall, you can head to our Ministry Kickoff page.
- Family Night - Family Nights are for current parents, expecting parents, grandparents, and for anyone else at any stage in life who is interested in participating in and learning about biblical parenting and family. We'll be alternating between nights for Sons (men) and nights for Daughters (women). There will be childcare offered.
- Community Groups - Fall is coming and with that the start of a new Community Group season! Community Group is a great place to connect with other Westsiders and walk alongside each other in this unpredictable time. If you haven’t been involved in a Community Group yet, now’s the time to sign up.
- Upcoming Classes - For a full list of our upcoming classes and studies being offered and to learn more head to wchurch.ca/classes.
- Community Events - Would you be interested in hosting a community event? wchurch.ca/host. Would you like to attend a community event? Find a full list of events at wchurch.ca/attend
- Giving - Give as an act of worship in response to God's word this morning. wchurch.ca/give
New to Westside?
Check out our I'm New page.
Worship through Music
Listen to this week's worship set list on Spotify!
Are you a new family to Westside? We'd love to share our kids resources with you! Just head to the link below and our team will be in touch!
If Westside is your church home, a regular part of our Sunday rhythm is to encourage you to give as an act of worship. To learn how to set up pre-authorized giving or to give a one-time donation, head to our Giving page.
We’d love for you to take communion on your own or with your family at home. Here's a good way to do it safely if you're taking communion with your family:
Don’t dip the bread into a common cup of juice. Pour a bit of wine or juice into clean, separate cups, and sanitize your hands before cutting up the bread and distributing it. Limit touch as much as possible.
If you have a prayer request or a praise, we'd love to pray for you! Please fill out a prayer request.
TEXTING IN KEYWORDS
Every Sunday, our MC announces keywords that you can text in for more information about current events, giving, and other important things.
You can text those to 604-263-2314. Why not create a new contact called "Westside" and add that number into your phone right now so that you don't have to worry about remembering it?
Community is especially vital in a time where we can't gather together physically, so we want to encourage you to meet online with your Community Groups after the live-stream to touch base, connect, and chat about the sermon.
If you aren’t already in a Community Group, you can request to join one at wchurch.ca/CGs.
Connecting through Social Media
One of the ways we'll be staying connected as a church body is through social media. We'll have plenty of content coming your way, so be sure to follow us on our social channels.
Why a Live-stream?
In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19 (see our full communication and updates on this), we want to be good citizens and neighbours, and help to protect the most vulnerable among us, so we are providing both safe in-person gathering opportunities and online resources for church at home like this live-stream.