Parents Serving in Kids
The language of the church as a family gets used a lot.
And it should, because we are!
Many do experience it that way.
But for many others it’s hard, and we feel disconnected, alone, or that we’re missing something.
Through these last months there has been such an increased desire in many to see the church of Jesus function more and more like the family God created us to be. For more deep and meaningful relationships to develop amongst our parents, singles, old and young.
This kind of growth and relationship doesn’t happen overnight, but it is happening.
One area with incredible potential and opportunity has to do with us as parents, perhaps seeing the Kids Ministry in a different way.
Consider investing as a teacher or a helper:
- To exercise and develop your gift of teaching
- To get to know the teachers and helpers that are loving & serving your kids each week
- To get to know and love other people’s children
- To make meaningful connections with other families
- To be a part of helping children discover the beauty of Jesus.
- To help teach and lead children who might not have parents who can
- To learn how to lead and teach your children if this is new to you
- To build a community of families who are committed to supporting each other in the way we talk about in Child Dedication!
We have a great opportunity right now to redefine how we view and carry out the discipleship of children in our church. Serving in Kids Ministry isn’t possible for everyone. Please pray and consider if it might be for you.
Want to learn more?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions you might have.
Want to join?
There are two options:
Become a Teacher/Teacher Assistant:
You serve once a month as a Teacher or Teacher’s Assistant. The teachers/assistants lead the class through the bible story and application points. You’d serve the age group that best fits you. The 2-3’s, 4-5’s, Grade 1-3, Grade 4-6. We ask that you can arrive at least 30 minutes before the gathering begins.
Become a Helper:
You serve once every 4-6 weeks (more if you’d like) as a helper in the classroom. You are not required to lead or teach, but are available to assist in any way the teacher needs. You are loving and helping the kids in their activities, and building meaningful relationships. You arrive 15 minutes before the gathering, check your kid(s) into their class, then serve in your area!
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” –Ephesians 3:20-21