Plan Sunday at Home
Please make sure you are up to date with the parameters around the new Provincial Health Order in effect until December 7, 2020. Some of the information below may be affected by that order, and we want to encourage you to be following all current guidelines and orders set forth by the province. Read about the latest restrictions.
As we continue to gather with our households and core bubbles in our homes, in parks, on patios, over Zoom, and in other creative ways, we want to equip and encourage you in this! It is vital to the life of the church body, because the church is not a building—YOU are the church, and so in this time we want to encourage you to continue to meet in small, safe and creative ways on Sunday mornings.
If you're currently bringing your bubble together to watch the live-stream, would you let us know using this form? It'll help us get the resources we're developing into your hands.
Below, you’ll find ideas on how you hold gatherings with your bubble around the city and make them special. You’ll also find out how you can prepare and be intentional for Sunday services from home.
Some ideas about how you can Hold gatherings around the city!
- Have brunch with your bubble at home—order or make something celebratory and exciting!
- Have brunch with your community over Zoom (Google Meet, Facetime, etc.)
- Set up a rhythm of checking in online with your Community Group after the Sunday service ends.
- Set up an online trivia party for your group using kahoot.com.
- Intentionally call someone after the gathering to ask how they’re doing and how you can pray for them.
- Join a Community Event at wchurch.ca/CommunityEvents.
How to Host Safely and Within Government Guidelines
- Be intentional about who you invite. Gatherings with those in your household or your core bubble are what is allowed currently, as per the updated Provincial Health Order.
- If anyone shows signs of illness or isn’t feeling well, lovingly send them home right away.
Preparation & Intentionality is Important
To be holy means to be set apart or dedicated to God. But all week long, many of us are used to watching some kind of entertainment on our TVs and computers. What makes Sunday mornings special? This is why it’s so important to intentionally set Sunday apart and make it look different from the regular routine. Create a new routine that’s specific to Sundays—a weekly rhythm that’s intentional. Here are some of the basics to get you started:
Plan ahead on Saturday:
- Prepare your space for Sunday morning in order to remove any distractions, whether that’s making it spotless or perhaps just tidying up.
- Make sure you have bread and juice or wine ready for communion.
Prep on Sunday:
- Get up a little early to set up communion.
- Make coffee or tea or whatever you drink, and breakfast—have a meal together, whether in person or online!
- Take 15 minutes before the service to read the passage and pray together.
During the Gathering:
Turn the music up loud! Don’t be afraid to sing, dance, raise your hands—remember, this time is about focussing your heart on the Lord and offering him praise. It doesn’t matter whether you’re in an apartment or at The Centre, the Holy Spirit is present.
- Feel free to hit pause and discuss questions that come up during the gathering if you're watching with others.
- Take communion safely together.
After the Gathering:
- Talk about the reflection questions together and anything you may have wrestled with.
- Hang out and have fun!
Do it all again next week!