HOW DO I SIGN UP TO BE BAPTIZED?
WHAT IS BAPTISM?
Baptism is the Christian act of immersing a believer under water and then bringing them up and out. It is a public sign that a person has repented of sins, received forgiveness of sins, died with Christ to sin, been raised to newness of life and received the Holy Spirit. It is also a sign of the believer’s incorporation into the body of Christ as expressed in the local church (Galatians 3:26-28) and a pledge to serve Christ.
WHO SHOULD BE BAPTIZED?
Baptism is fundamentally an act of obedience for all those who have repented of sin and trusted in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Every Christian is commanded to be baptized as a sign that they have been united with Jesus in his burial and resurrection (Romans 6:1-10; Colossians 2:12).
If someone has not repented of sin and put their faith in Jesus, they should not be baptized. Therefore, this means that non-Christians as well as children who are too young to comprehend or demonstrate repentance and faith should not be baptized. But if you have come to believe that Jesus is God in the flesh, who came and lived a sinless life, was crucified until death on a cross for your sins and was resurrected on the third day, conquering Satan, sin, and death and giving you new life, then you should be baptized!
INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED? HERE’S HOW TO GET BAPTIZED AT WESTSIDE!
- Go through the Essentials Course online where we’ll unpack our mission, vision, and values. If you've already completed this course you won't have to do it again.
- Write your testimony to be shared with the elders & the church. This is an opportunity to share with others the story of what Jesus has done in your life.
- Meet with the elders and share your testimony. Most people find this to be a meaningful and encouraging moment as the elders listen to your story, encourage you, and pray for you.
- Record a short portion of your testimony on video to be played at Westside on Baptism Sunday. (Don’t worry, we’ll help you with this!)
- Get baptized! We don’t see baptism so much as a decision to be made as simply a step in discipleship. Disciples of Jesus get baptized; we celebrate with you in your journey of discipleship.
*After you register we'll provide you with a full baptism schedule with more information on each step.
Audio Message (clarifications on Baptism)
"How to Write Your Testimony Guide"
"Preparing Your Video Testimony Guide"
Have questions? Email email@example.com