Biblical Parenting Foundations Class
Date: January 19, 2020
Time: 11 am
Room: The Breezeway (Basement Level)
Biblical Parenting foundations CLASS OVERVIEW
God has given Christian parents the privilege and responsibility of raising their children to know and love Jesus Christ, but the church is here so that every follower has a community of believers around them for help and support. So, the main job of Family Ministries at Westside Church is to help and support parents as they seek to lead their family in the ways of the Lord.
This class is designed with 2 key questions in mind:
- What does the word of God teach us about a given parenting issue?
- How do we put that into action in our daily lives?
This class is for new parents, parents to be and those interested in dedicating their children at Westside.
Topics we will cover are:
- Biblical parenting defined
- Our need for the gospel
- God's vision for the home
- Discipleship in the home
- The role of discipline in discipleship
- It takes a church to raise a child - why child dedication