Date: Check back soon for future dates! Online courses are still ongoing!
What is Essentials?
As Westside Church, “We exist to know Jesus and to make Jesus known.”
But what does that actually mean? Practically, what does that look like? This is what the Essentials Course is designed to answer. Over three weeks, we’ll unpack our mission, vision, and values while exploring who we are, what we believe, and where we’re going. Not only that, but you’ll learn how you can get involved and become a part of this community.
Essentials has replaced a couple of previous classes and has become the first step for a number of processes here at Westside. Keep reading to learn more about why Essentials might be for you!
Who is Essentials for?
- You’re new to Westside and want to learn more about us.
- You’d like to be baptized (we no longer offer a specific baptism class. The first step toward baptism is now attending Essentials. See more on baptism at Westside HERE).
- You’d like to become a member (Essentials has replaced the Members class and serves in its place).
- You want to serve in certain leadership roles here at the church (Gospel community leader, kids ministry teacher, ministry team leader, etc.)
- You’d like to dedicate your child.
Location: The Centre, 777 Homer Street
We will continue to offer an online version of the Essentials Course through our online platform located at courses.wchurch.ca
Date: Always available
* Please note: Taking the Essentials Course online does not make you a member. You must formally apply for membership. Upon confirmation of completion of the Essentials Course, you will receive communication with the application form. An elder will review your application and confirm your membership.
** If you are thinking of joining a service team at Westside, please note that some roles on Westside Ministry Teams require that you attend the Essentials Course before serving.
Have questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.