Volunteer for Kids Camp
Half Day Camp: July 10 - 14 | 9am - 12pm
Full Day Camp: July 17 - 21 | 9am - 3pm
We are so excited for the two weeks of our Vacation Bible School (VBS) day camp at Westside Church this summer and to see our kids discover a true lifelong relationship with Jesus each day!
We are looking for volunteers with all sorts – and we mean ALL sorts – of skills and experience to join our VBS day camp team. We will help you get equipped with the necessary training and a teaching kit, so you will be ready to dive in!
Here are 3 main teams and roles needed before/during/after the weeks of VBS:
1. Planning Team
This is a team who will meet up weeks in advance to brainstorm and modify daily structure & program, and/or help with any administrative tasks. This would be a great opportunity to serve if you are unable to help during the VBS weeks.
2. Set Team
This team will flip and transform the whole kids' area into a Bible-time village! This would be a great opportunity to serve if you are unable to help during the VBS weeks.
- Set up – Sunday, July 9 @ 12:30pm
- Tear down – Friday, July 14 @ 12:30pm
- Set up – Sunday, July 16 @ 12:30pm
- Tear down – Friday, July 21 @ 3:30pm
3. Frontline Volunteers Team
This is a team who will come and help during the half-day and/or full-day VBS. Use your gifts in all kinds of areas – sing, dance, teach, lead games and crafts, lead gospel-centred discussions, help the leaders, and more!
- Activity Leader – lead main activities
- Small Group Leader – lead small groups
- Assistant – assist the small group leaders
General Expectations & Requirements
- Love Jesus, and love kids
- Have great energy and enthusiasm
- Care for the emotional, physical, mental and spiritual well-being
- Build relationships and make connections with children and other leaders
- Be available during required shifts
- Attend one training in-person or online (mandatory for leaders; optional for assistants)
- Criminal Background Check (it's free and easy)
- You must be at least 16 years old to volunteer
Questions? Contact Sarang at email@example.com