“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:16-17
Our worship team serves on Sunday mornings, leading the church in expressions of worship through prayer and song.
- Must be a follower of Christ
- Must be growing in Christlikeness demonstrating a commitment to spiritual transformation through the disciplines (prayer, study, giving, fasting, solitude, confession, unity, worship, etc.)
- Living in a way that seeks to display Jesus is your Lord. (how you act during the week, repentant about your sin, seeking to be sanctified through Jesus, demonstrating unity in Christ with your Christian brothers and sisters)
- Have a passion to lead others in corporate worship with your musical abilities
- Must regularly attend Westside
- Be part of a Community Group
- Have attended a Westside Members Class
- Musically skilled
- Audition (to schedule an audition please complete the application)
TEAM MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be available for regular email and phone communication with your team leader.
- Commit to team schedule, upholding rehearsal nights and Sunday mornings as a priority. Rehearsals are usually from 7pm to 10pm on Tuesday or Thursday.
- Arrive punctually at rehearsals and Sunday mornings.
- Commit to serving in the band approximately once a month, including one rehearsal for each scheduled Sunday. (If you are unable to attend a rehearsal for a Sunday gathering, someone else may be given the opportunity to serve in your place.)
- Commit to arrive at rehearsal having already practiced the songs on your own.
- Commit to be in prayer for fellow band members and Church body.
- Remember to consider how you dress on a Sunday. If you are unsure if what you are wearing is questionable, please err on the side of modesty.