Child Of Mine is a ministry that operates two Children's Homes in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India. Between the two homes, they are raising 200 children by providing food and clothing while introducing them to Jesus. Here is the history of Westside's involvement:
- The two children's homes were financially supported until 2004, when major donors dropped out.
- Westside and Willow Park Church in Kelowna partnered with the ministry in 2007, supporting the vision to raise the future leaders of the church in North India.
- Child Of Mine assumed the responsibility of the homes in 2008, and continued the work to care for these children and equip them spiritually.
- Westside continued to partner with Child of Mine in prayer and by sending short-term missions teams.
Child Of Mine
Child Of Mine cares for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of children living in Northern India. They are able to do this primarily through the support of others who want to partner in the ministry.
By partnering in the vision we are being asked to do much more: to pray, to give, to serve—and above all to share a vision that goes beyond simply feeding and clothing children.
As a partner, you are adding value to the holistic efforts of the homes in equipping these children for Kingdom work. Not only will you enable new children to join the homes, but you will partner in improving their living environment, equip the older ones in preparation for a career, and have the opportunity to visit the homes in person.
Your financial partnership commitment will go to the two homes to cover the operating costs of the following:
- Feeding, clothing and educating the children
- Repairing, maintaining and improving living conditions
- Providing for post-secondary options for the older children
- Staff development and training, and long-term development of the homes
- Building strategic partnerships with other organizations to benefit the overall vision
- Less than 11% of partnership funds go toward administration costs
How do I partner?
If you're interested in partnering with Child Of Mine, visit their website for more information. There you can make a one-time donation or to sign up to become a partner.