Join a Community
We are created to thrive and grow in community. It’s no wonder then that when God rescues us and renews us, he does so by bringing us into a new community—a new family. It is there that we come to know and be known by others. Together, we learn, practice, and grow in what it means to become like Jesus as we become agents of gospel renewal in our city. For us as a church, this is what Gospel Communities are all about.
At Westside, this means not just attending Sunday mornings, but intentionally living in community with other believers. For many of us, this will be in a Gospel Community—a small group of people gathering to practice the way of Jesus together.
Our Gospel Communities are centred around three core commitments:
- Committed to being present with God and with others.
- Committed to intentional formation into the image of Jesus for the sake of others.
- Committed to seeking renewal in our families, our workplaces, our relationships, and our city.
Use the map below to find an open community in your area.
Other opportunities to connect:
- We also encourage you to check out some of our community events and classes as a way to connect with the Westside body.
- If you are unable to find an open group or one that suits your schedule, please take a moment to let us know HERE.
Interested in leading?
Gospel Communities could not happen without our leaders. They’re faithful men and women who’ve answered the call of Jesus to lead others in community.
If you’re interested in becoming a leader, click HERE to go to the Apprenticeship page and learn more about the process.
What about kids?
Our biggest desire is that everyone, regardless of age, is being discipled in a Gospel Community, including your kids. In other words, we desire that they grow up with a community of believers pouring into their lives. What this looks like practically is up to you.
A Gospel Community is the people—not the weekly meetings of your group. Discipling your kids doesn’t necessarily mean your kids are a part of all of your group's official meeting times, but that they are a part of your Gospel Community in some form. How you involve them in those meetings is up to you!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.