Become a GC Leader
What is the GC Apprenticeship?
Gospel Communities gather to practice the way of Jesus together. They’re groups that meet weekly throughout the city, seeking to live life in the kind of community God calls us to. And we need passionate leaders to make that a reality.
The Apprenticeship program is designed to equip, train, and encourage new Gospel Community leaders. By strengthening your relationship with Jesus and following Him intimately, leaders can say, as Paul does in 1 Corinthians 11:1, “Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.”
But following Jesus is not about just knowing the right ideas and theology, but knowing Jesus personally and intimately. The Apprenticeship program is designed, then, to help future leaders slow down and abide in Jesus. Then, out of that abiding, lead others.
What does this all look like practically? The Apprenticeship includes:
- Participation in four in-person sessions over one GC semester (Sunday mornings at 8:00 am)
- Mentorship from your own GC leader as you apprentice under them
- Completion of the Apprenticeship curriculum and homework as we work through three sections 1) Getting to Know Jesus, 2) Abiding With Jesus, and 3) Leading With Jesus.
- Discussion between you, your GC leader, and Westside staff to determine the next steps after you complete the program
Apprenticeship is the process through which we raise up more GC leaders. But it’s also a way to help those future leaders grow deeper in their own spiritual walk as they take time to abide with Jesus.
Requirements to Join
We’re grateful to all those who are interested in becoming a GC leader. To be accepted into the GC Leader Apprenticeship, we require you to:
- Be a regular participant in a Gospel Community for a minimum of one semester (4-5 months)
- Have a recommendation from your GC leader
- Have completed the Essentials Course
- Be able to complete the entire program (i.e., four in-person sessions plus homework) and apprentice for a minimum of one semester
- Be interested in and able to lead a small group of people through weekly meetings and discussions as a GC leader, upon completion of Apprenticeship
- Have possible spiritual gifts of shepherding, leadership, hospitality, or administration
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be an apprentice, here are your next steps:
- Fill out the interest form below.
- Complete an initial interview with Nathan, who will reach out to both you and your GC leader after receiving your interest form.
- Together, determine if Apprenticeship is the right option for you at this time.
*Note: Current GC leaders should contact Nathan Harrison directly if you have someone in your group as a potential candidate for the Apprenticeship.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org