Parenting Foundations Class
Date: May 30, 2021
Time: 1 p.m.
God has given Christian parents the privilege and responsibility of raising their children to know and love Jesus Christ, and the Church is here so that every follower has a community of believers around them for help and support. Thus, the main job of Family Ministries is to help and support parents as they seek to lead their family in the ways of the Lord.
This class is designed with a few key questions in mind:
- What does it mean to have a biblically based vision for our homes?
- What does the word of God teach us about our roles in raising our children?
- How do we put that into action in our daily lives?
This class is for new parents, parents to be and those interested in dedicating their children at Westside.
Topics we will cover are:
- Biblical parenting defined
- Our need for the Gospel
- God's vision for the home
- Discipleship in the home
- The role of discipline in discipleship
- It takes a church to raise a child—why child dedication