Due to the unique circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we are at this time encouraging anyone interested in volunteering with Kids ministry to sign up to be a part of our Remote Helps Team that is committed to serving the entire body of the church; which includes our families and children. To find out more about our Remote Helps Team, click HERE.
Team members in Kids Ministry care for our littlest ones (birth - K), our kids and our pre-teens by teaching them about Jesus during the gatherings.
- You love Jesus.
- You love children.
- You have attended Westside for at least 3 months.
- You are committed to give to, invite others to, serve at, and attend Westside regularly.
- You are committed to serving two Sundays a month.
- You are committed to some prep time when you are scheduled.
- You are committed to consistently pray for the kids.
- You are committed to attend team meetings.
- Criminal Record Check / Placement.
What does volunteering in Kids Ministry look like?
- Teachers are expected to lead and facilitate classes: kids worship time, bible lessons and bible memorization.
- Assistants are expected to help the teacher in their role, lead small group activities and manage the classroom environment.
- All volunteers are expected to welcome and engage with the children, build relationships and be ready to share the gospel and their faith as opportunities arise. Additionally, all volunteers should be punctual and help with set-up and clean-up to ensure our Kids spaces are safe and welcoming for families.
For the joy of Making Jesus Known.