Serving with Westside kids is great for you and great for the church. You will get the opportunity to care for and disciple young people eager to know more about God, and you will be amazed at how God uses your service to not only shape the children, but you as well.
Getting involved in Westside’s Kids Ministry is a 3-step process:
CLICK HERE to fill out the application form.
Interview with the Minister of Kids & Youth Ministries .
Criminal Record Check / Placement.
Here are some additional requirements:
- You love Jesus.
- You love children.
- You have attended Westside for at least 3 months.
- You are committed to give to, invite others to, serve at, and attend Westside regularly.
- You are committed to serving two Sundays a month.
- You are committed to some prep time when you are scheduled.
- You are committed to consistently pray for the kids.
- You are committed to attend team meetings.
What does volunteering in Kids Ministry look like?
- Teachers are expected to lead and facilitate classes: kids worship time, bible lessons and bible memorization.
- Assistants are expected to help the teacher in their role, lead small group activities and manage the classroom environment.
- All volunteers are expected to welcome and engage with the children, build relationships and be ready to share the gospel and their faith as opportunities arise. Additionally, all volunteers should be punctual and help with set-up and clean-up to ensure our Kids spaces are safe and welcoming for families.
For the joy of Making Jesus Known