Join the Kids team
Thank you for your interest in serving! Team members in the Kids Ministry care for our littlest ones (birth to grade 6) by teaching them about Jesus and demonstrating the impact of His love and grace in our own lives.
We want to help support and equip parents to pass on the ways of the Lord to their children. We want to make meaningful multigenerational connections for children to see the love, grace, and power of Jesus in the lives of other adults.
Requirement to serve:
- You love Jesus.
- You love children.
- You are committed to serving one Sunday a month.
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check if you do not have a current one you can share (it's free).
What does volunteering in Kids Ministry look like?
- Teachers are responsible for joyfully leading and facilitating classes: kids worship time, bible lessons, and bible memorization.
Assistants are responsible for helping the teacher in their role, lead small group activities, and manage the classroom environment.
All volunteers are to joyfully welcome and engage with the children, build relationships, and be ready to share the gospel and their faith as opportunities arise. Additionally, all volunteers should be punctual and help with set-up and clean-up to ensure our Kids spaces are safe and welcoming for families.
What is the process to join the team?
- Fill out the application form linked below. This allows us to get to know a little about you and your story.
- After completing the application, you will be contacted by our Family Minister for a brief conversation and to answer any questions you might have.
- Share with us a current Criminal Record Background Check or request a new one. (it's free)
- Begin the orientation/training process for the age specific part of the team you'll be serving with.
Parents Serving in Kids
The language of the church as a family gets used a lot. And it should, because we are! Many do experience it that way. One area with incredible potential and opportunity has to do with us as parents, perhaps seeing the Kids Ministry in a different way.
We have a great opportunity right now to redefine how we view and carry out the discipleship of children in our church. Serving in Kids Ministry isn’t possible for everyone. Please pray and consider if it might be for you.
How to Serve
There are two options:
- Become a Teacher/Teacher Assistant: You serve once a month as a Teacher or Teacher’s Assistant. The teachers/assistants lead the class through the bible story and application points. You’d serve the age group that best fits you. The 2-3’s, 4-5’s, Grade 1-3, Grade 4-6. We ask that you can arrive at least 30 minutes before the gathering begins.
- Become a Helper: You serve once every 4-6 weeks (more if you’d like) as a helper in the classroom. You are not required to lead or teach, but are available to assist in any way the teacher needs. You are loving and helping the kids in their activities, and building meaningful relationships. You arrive 15 minutes before the gathering, check your kid(s) into their class, then serve in your area!
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” –Ephesians 3:20-21
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.