Join the Kids team
Thank you for your interest in serving! Team members in the Kids Ministry care for our littlest ones (birth to grade 6) by teaching them about Jesus and demonstrating the impact of His love and grace in our own lives.
We want to help support and equip parents to pass on the ways of the Lord to their children. We want to make meaningful multigenerational connections for children to see the love, grace, and power of Jesus in the lives of other adults.
Requirement to serve:
- You love Jesus.
- You love children.
- You are committed to serving one Sunday a month.
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check if you do not have a current one you can share (it's free).
What does volunteering in Kids Ministry look like?
- Teachers are responsible for joyfully leading and facilitating classes: kids worship time, bible lessons, and crafts/activities.
- Assistants are responsible for helping the teacher in their role, lead small group activities, and manage the classroom environment.
- Welcome & Check-in helpers are responsible for greeting the families at the front, helping the parents with check-ins, and helping any new families to get registered.
- Special Event Volunteers are responsible for helping with Kids Club, Kids Camp, etc. occasionally.
- Kids Worship volunteers are responsible for leading kids worship along with the tracks, with enthusiasm and love, and assisting in sound/lyrics.
- All volunteers are to joyfully welcome and engage with the children, build relationships, and be ready to share the gospel and their faith as opportunities arise. They serve once a month (more if preferred). Additionally, all volunteers should be punctual and help with set-up and clean-up to ensure our Kids spaces are safe and welcoming for families.
What is the process to join the team?
- Fill out the application form linked below. This allows us to get to know a little about you and your story.
- After completing the application, you will be contacted by our Family Minister for a brief conversation and to answer any questions you might have.
- Share with us a current Criminal Record Background Check or request a new one. (it's free)
- Begin the orientation/training process for the age specific part of the team you'll be serving with.
Parents Serving in Kids
The language of the church as a family gets used a lot. And it should, because we are! Many do experience it that way. One area with incredible potential and opportunity has to do with us as parents, perhaps seeing the Kids Ministry in a different way.
We have a great opportunity right now to redefine how we view and carry out the discipleship of children in our church. Serving in Kids Ministry isn’t possible for everyone. Please pray and consider if it might be for you.
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” –Ephesians 3:20-21
Questions? Email email@example.com.