Child Dedication Class
child Dedication class
Date: September 15, 2019
Time: 11am - 12pm
Place: The Centre (777 Homer Street)
Room: Room 1
child dedication CLASS OVERVIEW
God has given Christian parents the privilege and responsibility of raising their children to know and love Jesus Christ, but the church is here so that every follower has a community of believers around them for help and support. So, the main job of Family Ministries at Westside Church is to help and support parents as they seek to lead their family in the ways of the Lord.
This class is designed with 2 key questions in mind:
- What does the word of God teach us about a given parenting issue?
- How do we put that into action in our daily lives?
This class is for new parents, parents to be and those interested in dedicating their children at Westside.
Topics we will cover are:
- Parenting defined, culturally and biblically
- Brief overview of the gospel and each family member's need of the cross
- The relationship between God's sovereignty and a parents responsibility
- Why children reject the gospel
- Roles for mom and dad